Your whole life, you worked hard to leave a legacy behind for your loved ones. But when the time came, most of your assets landed up with the IRS or the state taxing authorities. Advanced estate planning ensures that when the time comes to distribute your assets, your will is followed and executed precisely.
Advanced Estate Planning Lawyers Palm Beach | Legal Advice Call (561)-656-0200
The lawyers at Doane & Doane assist individuals, families, and businesses with unique estate planning needs, such as business succession, tax planning, high net worth, and charitable giving planning by our West Palm Beach Estate Planning Attorneys.
We also help our clients plan for the future by creating trusts, managing Medicaid goals and planning for the care of children and other loved ones. Whatever your goals, we can help you achieve them.
The Game Plan
The best advice that we give to our clients is to keep things simple. Simple things are easy to manage and also remember. Our advanced estate planning attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that your property and assets are transferred to your loved ones smoothly and with minimal trouble.
Family Limited Partnerships
A business created by family members pooling their assets. Each family member then owns shares of the business. Benefits include:
- Maintain control of family assets
- Facilitate annual giving
- Obtain valuation discounts for gift and estate tax purposes
- Shift income to lower tax bracket
- Avoid probate
- Create hurdles for creditors
- Provide management structure for disability
- Protect family assets against failed marriages
A private not-for-profit legal entity organized under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, scientific, or literary purposes. Benefits include:
- Tax deduction for the transfer of assets into the foundation
- Charitable estate tax deduction for assets transferred to the foundation upon death
- Donor control over contributions and disbursements
- Public charity—Donations result in tax savings for the donor
Family Holding Companies
A legal entity formed to hold family assets and make partial distributions to future generations. Its major benefit is to reduce the gift tax that would otherwise be due.
Private Annuity Trusts
The transfer of a substantially appreciated asset in return for periodic payments back to the trustor. Benefits include reducing or eliminating estate taxes, as the asset is no longer part of the trustor’s estate and West Palm Beach Estate Planning Attorneys.
A guardianship gives a court-appointed individual or entity the authority to make decisions for an incapacitated person who cannot provide for his her own basic needs, properly care for his or her health, and/or manage his or her finances.
Doane & Doane proves the legal and financial services required to manage a trust.
The legal transfer of assets to family members in anticipation of the future need to qualify for Medicaid health and long-term care benefits.
Power of Attorney
A document that allows the principal to give authority to another person to make financial and legal decisions on behalf of the principal. It is called durable when, by its terms, it remains effective even if the principal becomes mentally incompetent or physically disabled.
Health Care Surrogate Designation
A document, signed by a competent adult, designating another person whom the person trusts to make health care decisions on the person’s behalf should that person become unable to make such decisions.
Customized Advanced Estate Planning
At Doane & Doane, we believe no two people have the same set of requirements and circumstances. As such, we customize our plans to meet both your short-term and long-term goals. Irrespective of your marital status, we have a plan to protect both you and your goals.
You Can Trust Us
Blind faith is foolish, so we let our actions speak for themselves. Our lawyers are –
- Dedicated to your cause.
- Give sound legal advice.
- Are experienced and completely professional.
- Believe in smoothening an otherwise rough road for you and your loved ones.
- Committed to leaving no stone unturned in order to help you.
Why Choose Doane & Doane For Advanced Estate Planning
- We provide a free consultation.
- We can help you with all aspects of estate planning.
- We speak from experience, and our advice is backed by solid facts.
- Our lawyers help you understand the legal terms without trying to confuse you.
- Our attorneys give you the final say on your property and assets.
Still, Don’t Believe Us?
See what our clients have to say about us …